Sunday 6 July 2008

I have a cunning plan...

Went out to Amwell Aquatics and bought shed loads of these antibiotic tablets produced by an Asian company called 'AZOO'. I plan to treat both 4' tanks this week. If this can't fix the fish then nothing will. The main ingredient is chloramphenicol.

While I was there I saw some stunning marble long-fin Ancistrus, but luckily managed to stop myself buying any. Went for an amazing Dragon plakat male fighter instead, as their male fighters were reduced to £9.90. Hopefully he will make a perfect mate for my yellow half-giant plakat female.

Fingers crossed for healthy fish by next weekend!

No comments:

Introduction

I have always been fascinated by cichlids. They are among the most stunningly beautiful of fishes; they come in all shapes and sizes (there is a cichlid to suit everyone); and they have some seriously awesome behaviour. Since I started keeping fish 15 years ago I have kept and bred several species, but I never had enough tanks to house all the individual pairs I wanted (and their subsequent fry). In April '08, I was lucky enough to have a space-heated fishroom built into the garage conversion my girlfriend and I were having done. This diary is my way of keeping track of all my fish breeding projects. I hope you find it informative!