Tuesday 9 September 2008

Killer Paratilapia

My male Paratilapia skinned my second largest Port acara today. Very, very annoyed as I don't think it will pull through. The culprit's been put into solitary confinement, which sadly means that my remaining sajica 24ct Gold has had to go in with my melanurus youngsters. Hopefully she'll be ok.

Apparently one of my blockheads has HITH. Obviously something missing in the water care program, so I'll have to look into that at the weekend.

Took some sweet photos of my melanurus pair kicking off at their reflection in a mirror. I'm hoping this will help them to improve their pair bond as the male has a habit of beating the female up!


No comments:

Introduction

I have always been fascinated by cichlids. They are among the most stunningly beautiful of fishes; they come in all shapes and sizes (there is a cichlid to suit everyone); and they have some seriously awesome behaviour. Since I started keeping fish 15 years ago I have kept and bred several species, but I never had enough tanks to house all the individual pairs I wanted (and their subsequent fry). In April '08, I was lucky enough to have a space-heated fishroom built into the garage conversion my girlfriend and I were having done. This diary is my way of keeping track of all my fish breeding projects. I hope you find it informative!