Tuesday 30 September 2008

More Ancistrus and other news

Picked up another pair of Ancistrus temminckii yesterday for £15. Seemed reasonable to me and they are nice fish. Hopefully they'll pay for themselves in the future by producing more babies. I put them in the melanurus tank in the hope they'll clean up the algae for me.

Submitted my lots for the BCA auction last week, but now having second thoughts about taking some of the fish as I might want to hang onto them!

Hopefully going to the Corby and District Aquarist Society auction on Sunday with Simon M. I'll be taking a few lots with me in the hope of shifting yet more fish.

No comments:

Introduction

I have always been fascinated by cichlids. They are among the most stunningly beautiful of fishes; they come in all shapes and sizes (there is a cichlid to suit everyone); and they have some seriously awesome behaviour. Since I started keeping fish 15 years ago I have kept and bred several species, but I never had enough tanks to house all the individual pairs I wanted (and their subsequent fry). In April '08, I was lucky enough to have a space-heated fishroom built into the garage conversion my girlfriend and I were having done. This diary is my way of keeping track of all my fish breeding projects. I hope you find it informative!