Friday 30 May 2008

Fish swap

I got back from Hastings tonight and went straight out to swap some fish with my friend Simon (a.k.a. Cichlid Mad). I gave him a pair of cutteri in exchange for a spare wild male cutteri and half a dozen juveniles from his stunning pair of Port Acaras (Aequidens portalegrensis). I'm well pleased. It was a real treat to see Simon's fishroom finally. Very inspirational!

Here's a pic I took of the pair of Acaras:



The juvies I got went into the taeniatus tank and the cutteri went into the same tank as the rest of my shoal.

I was well annoyed when I arrived home because I found out the filter in the EBJD/JD tank wasn't bubbling away and I have no idea how long it was like that. The poor fish were gasping away like mad. Big water change for them tomorrow. I might even stick them in the 4' tank in the house to give them some clean water to breathe.

The Bangui pair is looking stunning right now. I took a few pics, but this is the best - 'Dad and his kids':

No comments:

Introduction

I have always been fascinated by cichlids. They are among the most stunningly beautiful of fishes; they come in all shapes and sizes (there is a cichlid to suit everyone); and they have some seriously awesome behaviour. Since I started keeping fish 15 years ago I have kept and bred several species, but I never had enough tanks to house all the individual pairs I wanted (and their subsequent fry). In April '08, I was lucky enough to have a space-heated fishroom built into the garage conversion my girlfriend and I were having done. This diary is my way of keeping track of all my fish breeding projects. I hope you find it informative!